I recently transferred from one store to another, so here are
Thirteen things I've learned since I transferred to the new store:
1. I lived across the street from my old store, and now drive 45 mins one way to get there. Apparently having the extra time to wake up and sing along as loudly as I want is a good thing, though. I'm the kind of girl that gets up in the morning just in time to get ready and get to work. No leisurely breakfast or reading the newspaper for me. That is especially true now that I have to commute in the morning and at the same time have to be to work an hour earlier than I did at my old store. I am discovering, however, that all of a sudden I am more productive in my first hour at work since I started having the extra drive. Who knew?
2. 45 min drive vs 2 minute walk = triple the monthly gas bill. Yuck.
3. Sunny Han's is still some of the best Chinese food I've had. Takes some getting used to because it's not a lot of sauces and fried things, but their brown rice and steamed vegetables are just so good.
4. Apparently I am not the only one who doesn't like to throw things away, because there is an astonishing amount of stuff in the back room that was here when I managed here two years ago.
5. Sing along songs are more important to a good driving cd than just a fast beat.
6. Mt. Hood is almost heartbreakingly beautiful at sunrise.
7. I actually am a better manager now than I was two years ago.
8. No matter what city my office is in, it's still the same job.
9. Muscle memory for things like where supplies are and the best path across the parking lot to Quiznos works even after two years away.
10. Change really can reenergize you, even when you aren't unhappy with the way things are.
11. 6:00 is still too dang early to get up in the morning, and I still don't want to have to be in bed by 10:00.
12. I must be developing more of a routine schedule, since Fluffy the cat is usually waiting for me at the window when I pull into the carport.
13. Coffee's On is still a great place to go. They remembered me, which was very nice. They even remembered that I didn't have a favorite drink, but get something different almost every day.
3 hours ago